When I first started making socks, Stacey sent me a skein of blue and brown striped Regia from her stash. Here’s the pair of socks I made from it. They’re ankle socks, and the instep and cuff are ribbed. I’m very happy with them, although I probably should have made them slightly longer.
The pattern I used was the basic Socks 101 from Knitty, but I got the idea to make them ribbed and ankle length from a pair of socks I saw in Creative Knitting (I didn’t follow their pattern at all though). I still have enough Regia to make another pair, but I don’t know if I want to or not. Currently I’m working on another pair with another yarn, in amongst other projects.